Crafting products for humans
Hey there I'm Anthony, a designer and front-end developer with nearly a decade of experience building and shipping digital products.
I've had the honor of working for companies and projects of all shapes and sizes, delivering digital projects of almost every kind: from branding and marketing projects, to building and managing multi-platform applications.
A weekend side-project gone viral, Sharpen is a website used by designers and educators for it's 15 million (and counting) design and STEM challenges. It has been used by over 125,000 people around the world.
TrainerRoad is the must-have training system for any competitive cyclist. I worked on the Adaptive Planning team at TrainerRoad to lead the front-end design of several AI-powered features, delivering code in React, Electron, and React Native.
The fast-growing robotics and software company Bright Machines hired my company to help visualize their breakout product on their website and push the boundaries of their visual storytelling.
RentCheck hired my company to help overhaul high-touch UX flows within their production apps that help rental property managers digitally request property inspections from residents.
Available for Hire
I’m currently looking for my next adventure as a Senior Designer, Front-End Developer, or a mix of the two. My ideal team is remote-first, has a strong design culture, and really cares about details.
- 9+ Years building and shipping digital products and platforms
- 7+ Years working as a designer on UX/UI projects
- 4+ Years working as front-end developer shipping projects to web/desktop/mobile platforms (React/React Native, Vue, HTML/CSS)
- Miscellaneous experience working on various media creation projects (filming & editing, photography, color correction, etc.)
- B.A. Communications, CSU Sacramento (2015)
Looking for a designer with coding experience?Let's Chat!
What else I've been up to
- 2020 - 2022 — Front-end design and development for TrainerRoad, the most advanced training platform for cyclists.
- 2020 - 2021 — Product and branding design for property inspection platform RentCheck.
- 2020 — Build customized versions of Sharpen for specialized use within the Grow with Google UX Certificate.
- 2019 - 2020 — Lead design and development for drumming practice app concept ProThrones (public beta).
- 2018 — Copywriting and development of a UX writing style guide for Grasshopper's mobile code education app (a project of Google's Area 120).
- 2018 — Product design for a stealth petcare startup within Mars, Inc..
- 2018 - Present — Co-Founder & Managing Partner for Vault Labs, a digital product studio crafting experiences at the intersection of art & technology.
- 2015 - 2018 — Web Designer at TrainerRoad.
- 2015 — Graduated from CSU Sacramento with a B.A. Communications.
- 2015 — Sr. Digital Communications Coordinator for LifeSet Network, a program of Youth Villages.
- 2015 — Manage the technical transfer and re-design of an online social platform between companies, as part of a merger between Camellia Network and Youth Villages.
- 2015 — Designed an early version of CSU Fully Online, an initiative for cross-campus enrollment from The California State University system.
- 2014 - 2015 — Vice President of University Affairs for the California State Student Association (CSSA).
- 2013 - 2015 — Creative + Communications Director for Nonprofit tech startup Camellia Network.
- 2013 - 2014 — Chief of Staff for CSSA.
- 2013 - Present — Board Member for Kids Helping Kids Sacramento, a nonprofit ran by high school students, benefiting kids at home and around the world.
- 2012 - 2014 — Board Member on behalf of CSU Sacramento for CSSA.
- 2012 — Apple Campus Rep for CSU Sacramento.